Clever Dog Company
Terms and Conditions
Our training is based on the kindest, most effective, non-punitive methods. We carefully design and structure our training programmes to be the best they can for dog and owner. We hope you enjoy our training sessions as much as we do!
These policies are written in the interest of safety, responsibility and care for owners and dogs.
1. Harsh handling is not permitted. We have a complete ban on choke chains and other coercive or punitive techniques, in accordance with the ADPT Code of practice.
2. Owners are expected to clean up after their dogs when in public places. All dogs must be kept under control and on leash in public areas, (off leash only where specifically instructed by your instructor). We are there to help but you are responsible for the conduct of your dog at all times.
3. Refunds cannot be given after your programme has started, except in exceptional circumstances - as decided by your instructor. Transfers to other parties or to other programmes are not permitted. Helen Bellinger cannot accept responsibility for loss, injury or damage to person or property.
4. Children are very welcome to attend the training sessions - indeed they are often the best handlers! However, for the sake of safety and consistency in training, young people under the age of 16 MUST be with an adult at all times. Parents may wish to sit down with their children before their training session to explain how important it is for them to listen and be involved.
5. Please let us know if your dog is not in a fit state to train due to disease, injury or any other reason. All dogs should be wormed and fully protected by vaccination as advised by their vet.
Payment and Cancellations
Payment must be received in full before your first session. You can pay either by direct bank transfer or by cheque.
We hope that you won't need to, but please be aware that should you need to cancel your training appointment, notice via email is required at least 48 hours prior to the appointment.
Cancellation fees will be charged at the instructor's discretion. For less than 48 hours' notice, 50% of the session's cost will be charged. For less than 24 hours' notice or a non-appearance, the full cost of the session will be charged.